Welcome to Gua Gajah (Elephant Cave) which is located in west side of BEDULU countryside,Blah Batuh Sub district and Gianyar Regency,it is
about 27 km from Denpasar town. This cave is built at c
revasse edge from the federation of 2 rills that is called Pangkung River,where the irrigation is mixed with Petanu River Flow. The federation area of two rivers is called Campuhan/Mixture. it owns the magical energy of the basis of Rwabineda C Concept. Two different matters on this basic concept hence Gua Gajah (Elpahant Cave) is intentionally built among two rivers.
Gua Gajah In Story
The word of Gua Gajah is anticipated coming from the word of Lwa Gajah,the name of Buddhist Temple or hermitage for Buddhist monk. The Gua Gajah name is written on Negarakerta
gama papyrus which is compiled by Mpun Prapanca on 1365 M. Lwa or Lwah/Loh mean the river and it reflect to the meaning that the hermitage is located at Gajah River or in Air Gajah. In the year inscription 944 M Saka,it is mentioned with the name of” Ser Ring Air Gajah ” that is meaning the Subak leader in Air Gajah. The wor has mentioned that the hermitage of Lwa Gajah is located in Subak Air Gajah.
There is relief which is almost looking like
the form of mountain on tyhe entrance of this cave. It was carved many designed on the relief like grove with the stick,close leaf,animal for example forest pig,tortoise and specters. The cave mouth is decorated by the basic relief with the eye turn around to the right or west side. There is an article letter of Kediri type from the early of 11 century was written on the wall left side or east side. There is a pool (Partithaan) as a place to take the holly Tirtha water for Hindu ceremony which is located inthe middle of cave courtyard. This holly pool is previously piled up by land and it has been found on 1954 by Cragsman from the Ancient Dep
artment. The holly pool is equipped by the statue douche which is parallel arranged in two groups.